VAT is a complex area of the tax regime and there are a number of different schemes available to you that may be of benefit to your business.
You are obliged to register for VAT if your products or services are taxable supplies and your business has turned over more than £82,000 (2015-16 threshold) in the previous 12 months.
However, if your business has turned over below this threshold, you may still be able to apply for voluntary registration and it may be beneficial for you to do so depending on your circumstances.
We provide the following services with respect to VAT:
- VAT registration
- Online submissions to HMRC
- Advising of the most appropriate VAT scheme for your business
- Monthly or quarterly bookkeeping and preparation of VAT returns
- Advising of the VAT status of your business and your taxable supplies
- Dealing with all HMRC enquiries, when required to do so